OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - An early-morning electrical fire caused smoke and water damage to an Omaha sporting goods store.Firefighters were dispatched to the fire at Scheels shortly around 2:45 a.m. Sunday. The second-floor fire was brought under control just after 3 a.m. It was contained to an area of shelving in the fishing department.
Investigators say an electrical malfunction ignited nearby combustibles, and spread through the shelving. The fire triggered two sprinkler heads that contained the fire.
A store spokesman told the Omaha World-Herald that the store will be cleaned and open for business by 9 a.m. Monday.
A cost estimate for the damages wasn't available. No injuries were reported.